The following are Citizens of Impact’s Board members for familiarity purposes:
Dr. Fatima Zanna Gana is a Medical Doctor, an activist with deep passion for citizen’s well-being. She is the Executive Director of Purple Hearts Foundation and sitting on the Board of Citizens of Impact Foundation.
Dr. Fatima Zanna Gana
Director of Purple Hearts Foundation
Dorothy Njemanze holds a Bachelors of Science(B.Sc) degree in Mass Communication from the Imo State University, Owerri, obtained in 2005. She did her national youth service in Abuja where she worked in the news room of Africa Independent Television(AIT) which was her place of primary assignment. She is a Nigerian Youth who has actively worked as an activist and has used her skills in acting, film making, on-air presenting and public speaking to give life to and popularize several social campaign adverts. She is passionate about grassroots reorientation, hence her love for using local languages including sign language as the primary language of her messages. She believes in amplifying the voice of the voiceless and engaging systems to en- sure they work right and promoting local content. She is a proud feminist, exemplary survivor of rape and other gender based violence. Everything she does is with a view to improve access to social justice, social inclusivity and victim support. Majority of the primary beneficiaries of her works are women, youths/children, people with disabilities(PWDs), rural dwellers, internally displaced persons(IDPs). She is an active member of several professional bodies and sits on the governing boards of Citizens of Impact Foundation, The Academy for Prevention of Human Trafficking and Other Related Matters(TAPHOM), Dorothy Njemanze Foundation. Some of her awards and recognitions include:
- NAIJA DIAMOND by EbonyLife TV and Diamond Bank Plc, 2014.
- “Youth Campaign Against Election Violence(Y-CAEV) Ambassador from Commonwealth Youth Council, February 2015.
- Mentored at Debriefing Workshop for 2015 Legislative Interns organized by Policy And Legal Advocacy Centre(PLAC) April 1, 2015.
- Mentored graduating students of University of Abuja on the right mindset to remain positively relevant, 2015.
- Recognition as one of the Ten Outstanding Young Persons(TOYP) , 2016 by JCI Nigeria,
- Actively participate in the lobbying process to get the DISABILITY RIGHTS BILL signed into law.
- Actively participated in reviewing the Draft Bill on Prevention and Prohibition of Torture, Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment and Other Related Matters (3-4 November,2014). It is still awaiting passage in the National Assembly.
- Actively participated in the reviewing of the Draft Mental Health Bill which is still in the National Assembly.
- She is a proud member of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign. She is a media team member.
- She partook in lobbying processes for the passage of the Violence Against Persons Prohibition(VAPP) Act and is currently on grassroots sensitization of the Act.
- Grassroots reorientation, using the entertainment media is her passion.
- She inspired the multi award winning SILENT TEARS, a documentary on gender based violence.
- She is an active member of The Working Group On Women, Peace and Security in Nigeria(WGWPSN) and The Working Group On Women, Peace and Security in West Africa(WGW- PS-WA).
Chima Achu is the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Bellanne Global Resouces Ltd. He is also the CEO of Bellanne Travels. He has over 13 years of active experience in the pri- vate sector specializing in Administration, Business Development, Advisory & Re-engineering as well as Human Resource Management.
He has worked in an international NGO and held the position of Business Support Manager overseeing Administration, Human Resources and Accounts Departments in one of the high profiled automobile companies in Nigeria. He is the Chairperson of Embrace Life Development Initiative(NGO). An NGO committed to youth empowerment, scholarships for indigent students, youth advocacy, free legal services to prisoners and social and attitudinal re-orientation.
He graduated from Madonna University, Okija with Bachelors Degree in Public Administration in 2004 with Second Class Upper as well as a PGD in Journalism from University of Maiduguri. He was a two term National President of Madonna University Alumni Association, also currently a Board Member of the Governing Council of Madonna University Okija, Anambra State,Nigeria.He is the Co-Founder of Global Impact Business Leadership LLC,Maryland USA/Nigeria and President of LEIP Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society LTD.As a farmer also, he is the Vice Chairman of Federation of Snail Farmers,Processors and Marketers FESMAN FCT Chapter.He sits on the board of several companies, including Citizens of Impact.He is a recipient of the Niger Delta Achiever’s Award.